Ra'a

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Back to School, Back to School, to prove to dad that I'm not a fool...

I just had my first week of class in grad school. My classes are Monday and Wednesday nights from 6:00-9:00 p.m.

My Monday night class was quite interesting. How a professor is able to lecture for 2 1/2 hours straight is rather amazing to me. Ah, the academia world...
More importantly, I learned what the word "arbitrary" means. Learning new words makes me happy. Look for heavy uses of that word in posts to come.

I was quite saddened to read in my syllabus for my Wednesday night class that my first assignment would be due the following week: read 3 chapters, an 8-page article, and write a five page response paper to the reading. My response was reserved for a 5-line paragraph I read in the article. Not my best work, but I've been out of the game for over a year, I'm just happy to have completed my first assignment.

Well, I'm going to try to make peace with the fact that keeping a full-time job while working on a master's degree isn't easy. Don't feel sorry for me. During college I was a P.E. major with a minor in Speech Comm. I had it pretty easy my last 2 years. Its my time to pay the reaper. Look for continued improvements in my diction as the semester goes by...

dm

4 Comments:

Blogger Epoch Church said...

don't worry d...you're a smart guy...

(and how cool is it to learn new words!)

9:16 AM  
Blogger thispresentsojourn said...

this post is so arbitrary.

8:40 PM  
Blogger thispresentsojourn said...

man, that's what i get for moving away.

5:24 AM  
Blogger thispresentsojourn said...

by the way, who took that picture of you!?

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home