Ra'a

Sunday, April 29, 2007

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!


8 days.

That's how much I have left of grad school for this semester. One presentation this week, a couple of finals the next.

8 days.

Yes. This pleases me.

After that, its off to beautiful Las Vegas for 6 days. I'll be gone May 9-14, and I cannot wait!!! Vegas is one of 3 places I've set a goal for myself to visit before I leave this world. The other 2 are Alaska and Italy. I'm going with 2 other friends and staying in some guy's penthouse (and to be honest, I don't really know what gives a house the ranking of "penthouse"). RJ is friends with someone who lives out there who I'm told is a movie producer. Who knows? Maybe this will be my big break into show business :)

I'm budgeting out my trip. I'm the son of a former CPA, its in my blood to do so. I've found that I'm most excited by the buffets I keep reading about. Jay Leno is performing in Vegas while I'm there, so I'm considering catching his show. Other than that, well...what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas (but I promise not to do anything I wouldn't feel comfortable telling my mother about)

By the way, since school is winding down, its allowed me time to read for enjoyment again. I started on 2 books last week: The Samson Syndrome and Messy Spirituality. Few things make me more aware of the Spirit's moving than reading the works of authors who are so in tune with Him. Good times.

4 Comments:

Blogger joel winters said...

I wanna go.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Make sure you bring me back an STD.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

generally, a penthouse is the apartment or suite on the top floor of a large building.

7:39 PM  
Blogger RJ Martino said...

Dan... I think Mrs Lear, the casting lady, is going to be calling you soon... she'll have a change of heart.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home