Ra'a

Saturday, August 18, 2007


Sorry guys, the pictures from the condo renevation were too large to download to here. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I'm not able.

But I wanted to take this time to inform you all of my new guilty pleasure: JAZZ...

I've recently gotten quite addicted to listening to it on a Little Rock station every night that I am driving home from somewhere. So I finally went to "The Afterthought," a jazz club here in The Rock. The Ted Ludwig Jazz trio played, and they were awesome! Ted Ludwig is a local jazz musician who moved up from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. The trio was made up of Ted on guitar, a stand-up bassist, and a drummer. For 1 or 2 songs they added a saxophonist and pianist. I've found that my favorite aspects of jazz music is the simple, melodic tunes from the ivories. I hope the next time I go to The Afterthought (which will be next Thursday) to hear more piano, but it was still amazing.

The mural I've attached is just a small piece on the wall at The Afterthought. Seriously, if you like Jazz music and live in Little Rock, I strongly suggest you check it out. If you don't like jazz, try it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home