Ra'a

Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Way I Are

Allow me to shed some light on the mystery that is, well, me. I am patient about some things. For instance, I have my sights set on putting a flat-screen plasma tv up in my home soon. But I can't really justify buying one right now because I have too many other home improvement projects going on. So I'm going to save up for a couple of months before acting. But in other things, such as picking out curtains, I'm the most impatient person you'll meet.

Today I had to go to 4 different stores only to select mounting rods and 1 set of curtains. I needed 3. That means I have to repeat today at some point. I'm not happy about that.

I could feel myself hating each store and every person in it today as I tried to find curtains more than 70 inches wide. An older woman said hello to me on my way in to Wal-mart for the second time. I responded by pushing over her cart. A young couple walking a cocker spaniel puppy cut in front of me as I made my way to the entrance of Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The dog received a quick kick to the hind parts. So did both owners. The line was longer than I wanted it to be once inside Linens N Things. It quickly cleared after Code Adam was announced over the loud speaker. Don't worry, I released the kid minutes later. Home Depot unfortunately doesn't stock curtains. They don't have an assistant manager either. Well, not anymore.

No, it didn't happen exactly like that. But I was ready go postal. So ends another day. Better things to come.


I HATE curtains.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug McPherson said...

What kind of a bachelor needs curtains THAT bad?

9:07 PM  
Blogger Epoch Church said...

take a girl with you to the store...they'll have it done a couple of minutes...

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home